In 1966, the Marco Island Woman's Club was chartered by a group of 16 friends who felt the island needed a club to be of service to the community. Today the club still takes great pride in its many accomplishments in this Southwest Florida community:
- Providing educational scholarships for Marco Island students
- Funding a soon to be built classroom at the Marco Island Nature Preserve & Bird Sanctuary
- Funding a Patriotic Bench at Veterans' Community Park Flag Plaza
- Funding a plaque at Veterans' Community Park Freedom Fountain
- Founding of the Marco Island Public Library
- Funding the Gazebo at the Marco Island Historical Museum
- Donating funds for the Marco Health Care Center
- Donating funds to Naples Community Hospital for equipment
- Initiating the beautification movement on Marco Island
- Initiating the original youth center which grew into the present YMCA
- Restoring the Marco Island Historical Cemetery and maintaining a garden therein
We meet the first Wednesday of the month, October through May, at 11:30 A.M. at the Marco Island Yacht Club, 1400 North Collier Blvd. Check our Events Calendar for the next meeting. See you there!
For more information about the Marco Island Woman's Club, contact Christine Koppel, President, at 856-906-4319 or go to the "Contact Us" page to send a message.
To stay informed about the Club's events, you can "Friend" us on Facebook at MIWC Debbie.
And follow us on:
Twitter at Marco Island Woman's Club
Instagram at Marco_Island_Womans_Club